The Registration Office maintains student records for the college across all programs. Whether you need to register for classes, request a transcript, or register for testing, the Registration Office is here for you. Commonly requested forms can be accessed in the links below, or contact us if you have questions or need more information.
How to register for classes
- Register online for Career Education and General Education classes – Students may register for their career education and general education classes during specified registration times. Only current, continuing career education students may register online.
- Pay tuition online with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Academic/General Education and High School Class Schedule
- Register online for Continuing Education classes – Register for continuing eduation, paraeducator, or child studies classes at Bates.
- WAOL Classes – Visit WAOL to learn about Washington online classes and resources.
- Online General Education
How to apply for your credential, degree or certificate
After you have completed your program and have earned your credential, degree or certificate, students must complete a Credential Application to apply for their paper credential. Students apply for their credential so the college can verify the information, award it in the student management system, and order the degree from the vendor for printing. For more information, please contact the Registration Office, Downtown Campus, Room M210.
Tuition Refund Policy
A student who has paid tuition before the quarter starts but is unable to attend the class may receive a full tuition refund. After the first day of class, Bates grants refunds as follows:
- From the 1st to the 5th calendar day – 80%
- From the 6th day to the 15th calendar day – 40%
- After the 15th calendar day, there is no refund.
The tuition refund policy applies to all students in state-supported programs. It is the student’s responsibility to complete a withdrawal form and submit it to the registration office. The date the withdrawal is received will be used for calculating refunds.