Students can access their email two ways:
1. Visit https://mail.bates.ctc.edu/OWA
2. Click the Email link in our navigation bar
All enrolled career training and general education students are assigned a Bates email account, provided as a service of the college.
Access to college email accounts allows students to work collaboratively and communicate with other students, receive class assignments and other information from instructors electronically, and directly receive information regarding financial aid, scholarships and other relevant areas from college departments and through the weekly Associated Student Government/Diversity Center Student eNewsletter. Also, those who enroll in Bates online courses will need to check their Bates email after registering to obtain instructions for their online course.
Things to know
- Students should adhere to the procedures set forth.
New Bates email accounts will not be activated until one week before registered class start date.
Your email address is based on the first letter of your first name, and your full last name. (i.e., the email address for John Doe would be firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- In cases where the names of two different students will produce similar logons, then the second letter of the first name will be added (i.e., Jane Doe would be jadoe). Instructors will be notified when this occurs for students in their program.
- When logging onto the email server, your username is just the first letter of your first name and complete last name. (For example, John Doe would be jdoe. DO NOT include @bates.ctc.edu.)
- Starting July 28, 2014, the default password for all new email address will be Bates[student ID]. Do not include parenthesis. For example, Bates123456789. The college highly recommends students change their password. KEEP YOUR PASSWORD PRIVATE. Allowing others to use your email account is a breach of college policy.
- Students who need to reset their password or who need their account regenerated, should call the IT Email Help Desk at 253.680.7055.
- Email accounts for students who are graduating or who are not returning will be deleted after 90 days.