Canvas Assistance

Need assistance with Canvas? Please email the Online Learning Center at olc@batestech.edu or call us at (253) 680-7233. Our hours of operation are Mon-Fri from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Additional help and resources can be found at this link to the OLC’s Canvas Assistance Page: https://my.batestech.edu/olc/

Student Rights and Responsibilities

Click here for a link to the Bates Student Handbook, where you will find policies and information to support the successful completion of your education at Bates Technical College.

Click here to access the Bates Disability Support Services page, where you can find the Bates Technical College statement on Accommodations and ADA.

Click here to access the Bates Diversity Equity and Inclusion page, where you can learn more about our commitment to promoting and fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our college community.

Click here to read the Bates Technical College Non-Discrimination statement.

Bates Resources

Not sure where to get started? Clink on this link to check out the Steps to Enrollment page.  You can also click on this link to access the Student Resources page. The Registration, Advising, and Financial Aid offices can be reached Mon-Thurs from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.

Getting ready to start a new quarter?  Make sure to use Bates’ handy Student Checklist to ensure you’re ready to go.

Looking to contact a department directly? Click here for the contact information of key departments.

Bates is committed to your success. All online students have access to the same resources as traditional, face-to-face students. Click here for a list of resources available to you, from financial aid departments to mental health counseling. Click here for a list of community resources available to you, from medical and mental health assistance to funds for college and housing.

Need Technical Help?

The IT department can assist you with Student Email, Bates-Issued Laptops, WiFi Access, and more troubleshooting issues.

Click here to access the Bates IT Department homepage.

Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm, Mon – Fri

Phone: 253.680.7055 (If leaving a voicemail, please leave your first and last name, your SID, a non-Bates email, and a brief description of the problem.)

Email: studentehelp@batestech.edu

Most Requested Links

Need more help and not sure where to find it? Here are ten  commonly asked questions with links to find more information:

1. How do I access my student email? Click here to access Microsoft 365.
  2. How do I access Financial Aid? Click here to go to the Financial Aid page.
  3. How do I register for classes? Click here to access the Registration page.
  4. How do I contact someone for general questions? Click here for more information about Student Services. 
  5. How do I contact my advisor? Click here to access the Advising page. 
  6. How do I contact a mental health counselor? Click here to access the Counseling Center page.
  7. How do I request a transcript? Click here to learn more about requesting an official and unofficial transcript. 
  8. How do I pay for my classes? Click here to pay for your classes.